The Bible speaks of what must be fulfilled in the coming days. Some things are taking place now and some Bible prophecy as spoken in Revelation and other Bible books, may still happen in our lifetime. Jesus said, "This generation will not pass away till all these things come to pass." (Matt. 24:34)
Bible Prophecies by David Nelson (3-3-09)
- There will be a prophetic voice crying out again. Just as John the Baptist was the first prophet in 400 years to come forth, and was a voice crying out, “Prepare the way of the Lord, make His paths straight, make straight in the desert a highway for our God, make ready a people prepared for the Lord,” there will be in the last days “Elijah” coming again. (Lk. 1:17, 3:4, and Is. 40:3). Bible prophecy states in the last two verses of the Old Testament, “Behold I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord. And he will turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the hearts of the children to their fathers,….” (Mal. 4:5, 6) Now again the Lord is making a way for Him to return to us and us to return to Him, and restore what He has always wanted for His Church. His Bride will be made to be without spot or wrinkle.
- The Tabernacle of David that has fallen down will be lifted up again, rebuilt, and set up in these last days. (Acts 15:16, 17) This will cause the nations to seek the Lord and all the Gentiles to come in who are called by His name. The teachings of the Tabernacle of David are in I Chronicles and in II Samuel. Included in the restoring of David’s Tabernacle is 24 hour a day worship, prayer, music and prophetic words. There will be joy, praise, prophetic songs, musical instruments, dancing, singers and other wonderful things from the Lord. (See I Chron. chapters 6, 15-17, 25 and II Sam. chapter 6) The Tabernacle of David is not an “old law” being reinstituted but a freedom and closeness to the Lord that He showed David and He wants for us now. Also, it is not to be accomplished by one method or another but as the Lord leads 100 %. Azusa Street is an historical example of gatherings that went 24 hours a day led by the Holy Spirit alone. Add to this Holy Spirit led and heavenly music, dance, prophecy, prayer, worship from the Lord with Him in our midst. It will be glorious, powerful, and amazing, not seen before like this!
- There will be and it is now taking place, individual and corporate revivals, moves of God, and revival fire. After David and the prophets associated with him instituted the Tabernacle of David there were resurgences of revivals under King Asa (II Chron. 15), King Hezekiah (II Chron. 29 and 30), King Josiah (II Chron. 34 and 35), with feasting, prophetic words, joy, music, 24 hour a day worship, songs of the Lord, musical instruments, etc. Even just before Jerusalem was to enter a final fall prophetic messengers were sent out to warn and invite to revival, but only the bad and the good from the highways and byways came. (II Chron. 36:15, 16, Matt. 21:33-43, and Matt. 22:1-10) As there were revivals under various kings in different generations (with a restoring of David’s Tabernacle and prophetic teachings from God), so there will be in our time. Times of refreshing are coming even now from the presence of the Lord. Heaven is keeping Jesus till the time of the restoration of all things which God has spoken by the mouth of all His holy prophets since the world began. (Acts 3:19-21) The latter glory of God’s house shall be greater than the former glory. In Is. 60:1-3 it says, “And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and deep darkness the people; but the Lord will arise over you, and His glory will be seen upon you. The Gentiles (nations) shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.”
- There will be a resurgence of spiritual gifts upon the least and the greatest, prophetic utterances, and a greater love among the brethren. Acts 1:17, 18 say, “And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, that I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh; your sons and your daughters shall prophecy, your young men shall see visions, your old men shall dream dreams. And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; and they shall prophecy.” Also Jesus’ prayer for love and unity among His followers will be answered. Just as He commanded His disciples, you shall love one another as I have loved you, we will love one another and be one as the Father and the Son love one another and are one. (Jn. 17) Of the early disciples it was said, they were of one heart and one soul. And some where it was once said, “See how they love one another!” The world must see our love and oneness so that they will know Jesus is with us. (Jn. 17)
- There will be war on the saints. In Dan. 7:21, 25 it says that out of the fourth beast will come the anti-Christ and it shall make war with the saints (and persecute them), and will prevail against them for a time, times, and half a time. (3 ½ years? of the 7 year tribulation) In Dan. 11:32, 33 it says that the people who know their God will be strong and do great exploits (during the time of the anti-Christ), also many will be instructed, and for many days they shall fall by sword and flame, by captivity and plundering. In Matt. 24:9 Jesus says, “In the last days the people of God will be delivered up to tribulation and death, and they will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake.” In Rev. 12:1 there is a woman spoken of who may be Israel and/or the Church (kind of like the tree of Israel is one tree and yet we as Gentile Christians are grafted into it). In Rev. 12:6 the woman flees into the wilderness to her place where she is nourished for a time, times, and a half time (3 ½ years?) from the presence of the serpent. Verse 17 says the serpent went to make war with the rest of the woman’s offspring who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ (these are Christians).In Rev. 13:4-7 it says that the beast has authority for 3 ½ years and is granted to make war with the saints and to overcome them.
- Babylon will fall. Whatever and whoever Babylon is, it will fall according to what is stated in Bible prophecy. Read the following verses and see what Babylon is like: Rev. 18:3 Babylon has an abundance of delicacies, the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury. Rev. 18:4 Come out of her my people lest you share (participate) in her sins and lest you receive of her plagues. Rev. 18:7 Babylon has lived luxuriously and says in her heart, I sit as a queen, I will see no sorrow. Rev. 18:8 Therefore her plagues come in one day and she will be utterly burned with fire. Rev. 18:9 The kings of the earth who committed fornication and lived luxuriously with her will weep and lament for her when they see the smoke of her burning. Rev. 18:10 Standing at a distance for fear of her torment saying, Alas, Alas that great city Babylon, that mighty city, for in one hour your judgment has come. Rev. 18:15 The merchants who became rich by her will stand at a distance and weep. Rev. 18:17 For in one hour such great riches came to nothing. All the ships that travel on the seas stood at a distance. Rev. 18:19 All the ships on the sea became rich by her wealth. For in one hour she is made desolate. Rev. 18:23 Your merchants were the great men of the earth. Babylon deceived all nations with its sorceries. Jer. 50:2 Babylon’s idols and images are broken. Jer. 50:23 Babylon is the hammer of the whole earth. Jer. 50:24 Babylon, you have been found and also caught because you have contended against the Lord. Jer. 50:29 Babylon is proud against the Lord. Jer. 50:30 All her men of war shall be cut off in that day. Jer. 50:32 I will kindle a fire in her cities. Jer. 50:38 Babylon is a land of graven images and they are mad over their idols. Jer. 51:6 Flee from the midst of Babylon and everyone save his life! Do not be cut off in her iniquity. Jer. 51:7 Babylon serves wine to all nations, therefore the nations are mad. Jer. 51:13 O you who dwells by many waters, abundant in treasures, your end has come, the measure of your covetousness. Jer. 51:42 The sea has come up over Babylon, she is covered with the multitude of its waves. Her cities are a desolation. Hab. 2:13 Behold, is it not of the Lord of Hosts that the people shall labor only for fire and the nations shall weary themselves for nothing? Jer. 51:58 The people of Babylon shall labor in vain (for fire), and they shall be weary. Jer. 51:47 and 52 God will execute judgments on Babylon’s graven images. Rev. 14:8 Babylon is fallen, is fallen, that great city, because she has made all nations drink of the wine of the wrath of her fornication.
- These natural, supernatural and physical calamities will happen upon the earth during the great tribulation. In Rev. 6:4 at the opening of the 2nd seal people will kill one another. The 3rd seal (Rev. 6:6) a quart of wheat will be sold for the equivalent of a day’s wages (a denarius) (which could mean there will be financial trouble and famine). The 4th seal (vs. 8) people will die by the sword, hunger, and the beasts of the earth (this will be over ¼ of the earth). The 5th seal (6:11) more Christians will be martyred. The 6th seal (6:12-15) a great earthquake, the sun becomes dark, meteors hit the earth like figs dropping to the ground under a fig tree after a mighty wind, the sky receeds, every mountain and island is moved out of its place, people great and small will hide in caves and clefts of the rocks. The 7th seal (Rev. 8:1-5) noise, thunderings, lightnings, and an earthquake. The 1st trumpet (8:7) hail, fire, and blood with 1/3 of the trees burned and all green grass burned. The 2nd trumpet (8:8) a mountain burning with fire is thrown into the sea. 1/3 of the sea becomes blood, 1/3 of sea life dies, 1/3 of the ships on the sea are destroyed. The 3rd trumpet (8:10) a great star fell from heaven burning like a torch and it fell on 1/3 of the rivers and springs polluting the waters. Many died from drinking from these. The 4th trumpet (8:12) 1/3 of the sun, 1/3 of the moon, and 1/3 of the stars are darkened. 1/3 of the day did not shine and the night too. The 5th trumpet (Rev. 9:1) a star falls from heaven to earth, smoke darkens the sun and air. Locusts like scorpions harm those without the seal of God on their foreheads, tormenting them 5 months with pain and fever. The 6th trumpet (9:13-15) 1/3 of men die (fire and smoke and brimstone). The 7th angel (Rev. 11:13) a great earthquake, a tenth of the city fell, 7,000 died. The 7th trumpet (11:15, 19) lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake and great hail. Seven angels and seven plagues (bowls of wrath) (Rev. 15:1 and 16:1). 1st bowl (16:2) sores on those with the mark of the beast. 2nd bowl (16:3) all creatures in the sea die. 3rd bowl (16:4) all rivers and springs turned to blood. 4th bowl (16:8) the sun scorches men. 5th bowl (16:10) darkness, pain and sores. 6th bowl (16:12) demons perform signs to make people gather to the battle of the great day (Armageddon). 7th bowl (16:17) noises, thunderings, lightnings, a great earthquake, the greatest day of all history, the cities of the nations fall, every island fled away and the mountains were not found. Great hail fell from heaven on men (100 pounds in weight?).
- The rapture of the Church. Bible prophecy from the New Testament states in II Thess. 2:1-4, “Now, brethren, concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our gathering together to Him…. Let no one deceive you by any means; for that day will not come unless the falling away comes first and then the man of sin is revealed, the son of perdition who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God….” I Thess. 5:4 says, “But you brethren are not in the darkness so that the Day (of destruction) should overtake you as a thief (a surprise).” I Thess. 4:16-18 say, “For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord. Therefore comfort one another with these words.” Matt. 24:21 says, “For then there will be great tribulation such as has not been since the beginning of the world until this time, no nor ever shall be.” Matt. 24:27 For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Matt. 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days…the sun will be darkened…the stars will fall…etc., then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven. Matt. 24:34 Assuredly, I say to you (Jesus says), this generation will by no means pass away till all these things take place. Matt. 24:36 But that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. Matt. 24:42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. Matt. 24:44 Therefore you also be ready for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect. See Matt. 24:50 If He comes on a day when we are not looking for Him, woe to us. Will the rapture come before, during or after the 7 year tribulation? I believe we must be ready every day, looking up for the Lord, and that’s the way I believe He wants it to be.
- The nation of Israel is blessed by God and He will fight for them against the armies of the world (Armageddon). The true Church should pray for Jerusalem and bless the nation of Israel. They will experience a revival one of these days We are exhorted to pray for the peace of Jerusalem and that we will prosper who love them. (Ps. 122:6) Bible prophecy from the Old Testament states to Abraham, “I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and will curse him who curses you; and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed. Rom. 11:25-28 say, A blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles (non Jews) has come in. And so all Israel will be saved (come to the Lord)….” In Zech. 12:1-12 it says that the nations will lay siege against Judah and Jerusalem. “And I (the Lord) will seek to destroy all the nations that come against Jerusalem. (Zech. 12:9) They will also see Jesus whom they pierced and mourn. (vs. 10) (Also see Zech. chapter 14 for details of the battle at Jerusalem and the coming of the Lord with His saints). (Rev. 16:14, 16 and 19:19 add a little more information).